The online food delivery market continues to surge to unprecedented heights. Experts predicted in 2021 that worldwide revenues resulting from meal deliveries that year would top $151 billion. A year ago, 8 out of 10 Americans said they ordered food for home delivery, according to an article published on ComfyLiving.net.
Some people attribute that rise to pandemic-related safety issues, such as more people working from home or consumers who want to avoid crowded restaurants but don’t want to cook. Whatever the reason, this food delivery trend has restaurants scrambling to get a piece of that billion-dollar pie, with technology vendors in hot pursuit to provide the apps and online solutions that would make it possible. But it can be extremely challenging to find the right contacts in the restaurant industry.
This article explores:
- How food delivery data and restaurant analytics can be invaluable in the quest to reach the restaurant decision-makers who can ultimately help grow your business.
- A few examples of how restaurant data can help your sales and marketing teams achieve their goals.
- A list of the essential data points to capture to ensure the ability to identify new markets in North America and drive product innovation and competitiveness analysis.
Restaurant Data Analytics: A 3-Legged Stool of BI
Competitors will beat you to the coveted attention of potential restaurant clients if your team is trying to boil the ocean or getting sucked into a vortex of lengthy research. Actively monitoring restaurant online footprint and food delivery data in real-time with an easy-to-use tool can cut your teams’ research time by 50% and provide deeper insights that fuel sales and marketing efforts.
Sales teams often operate under the crushing weight of aggressive revenue goals while being skeptical of past bad data experiences. That pressure, coupled with insufficient information on restaurants before making a call, are big-time threats to sales. Cold prospecting is an outdated, inefficient waste of time. Having access to a solution that provides on-demand access to real-time restaurant data can help:
- Enrich your CRM with higher-quality leads that have been personally selected based on your custom foodservice targeting criteria.
- Increase pipeline growth without getting bogged down by lost-cost leads, costing your business big dollars.
- Increase conversion rates by up to 80% by finding and targeting sales-ready restaurant leads that have been identified through buying signals.
You might be missing revenue streams because you don’t understand your target audience metrics, or you don’t really know your ideal customer profile as well as you could. Market research is expensive and takes a lot of time and staffing resources. Purchasing restaurant data lists is really no shortcut because it often results in very poor quality data that is useless. However, the right solution can help your marketing team target the right restaurant sectors.
- Optimize campaigns through a thorough analysis of food delivery data, providing insights into which delivery marketplaces are market leaders or target restaurants that use a specific food delivery marketplace.
- Identify new markets and prospects without wasting valuable time on inferior leads and poor data. It’s tough to generate leads and find the right contacts in the restaurant industry. Access to a constantly updated restaurant database opens the door to reach the decision-makers who can grow your business.
According to a recent article in Bloomberg, “Despite overall industry growth, the battle for customers is getting more intense because fewer of today’s diners are loyal to just one service. (Grubhub’s former CEO cited “promiscuous customers” as a hindrance to his company’s growth.) In the fourth quarter of 2019, 59 percent of Grubhub’s customers didn’t use other meal delivery services. Two years later, it’s fallen to 47 percent, as competing services woo customers with different restaurant offerings and promotional prices.” Having direct, easy access to food delivery data is an excellent way to:
- Understand market disruptors – Keep tabs on innovations and trends that are radically changing the food delivery sector to prioritize integrations and product development.
- Analyze existing competitors – Restaurant analytics can reveal valuable information you can use to refine your own marketing strategies. For instance, pinpoint which of your competitors are integrated with leading food delivery apps. It’s also essential to discover the type of Point of Sale in use . This will help ensure your sales team is focused on low-hanging fruits and outreaching to restaurants with specific restaurant technology in use.
- Discover new opportunties – Get the details on restaurants opening in your area, including what they offer and detailed contact information.
Discover the Power of Robust Restaurant Analytics
When searching for food delivery data, it’s much easier to use a powerful program that scours company websites, social media, web directories, review forums, and business registries. The best way to help your sales and marketing teams build and maintain a competitive advantage is to provide quality restaurant data that includes:
- Restaurant name
- Restaurant group
- Phone number
- Primary contact
- Year established
- Number of employees
- Estimated revenue
- Online ordering solutions
- Marketplace delivery apps
- Online reservation solutions
- Menu items and pricing
- Customer reviews and ratings
- City-level population
- Restaurant closures
Pitch More, Prospect Less with Brizo FoodMetrics
Brizo FoodMetrics, a recognized leader in restaurant analytics and intelligence, helps the foodservice industry by providing strategic restaurant data that helps drive increased sales revenue and lead generation. Brizo FoodMetrics is the only company that offers all-in-one restaurant intelligence that provides contacts for more than 750,000 restaurants from the local level to the corporate home office. More than a contact database, Brizo Foodmetrics delivers insights that are otherwise unobtainable to know who to call on first and why. Understand how actionable food delivery data and insights could benefit your company, positioning your teams to pitch more and prospect less. Start your free trial of Brizo FoodMetrics today.